Homemade Easy Recipes For Ganesh Chaturthi that’s Fast to Do & Loved by Sri Ganesh as His Favorite Dishes
Ganpati Bappa Morya !!
Combine the sugar and 1 1/2 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a high flame for about 5-7 minutes or till the sugar syrup is of 1 thread consistency. Once sugar is dissolved completely and the syrup becomes a little sticky, put off the flame and keep aside.
Stir gram flour in a vessel and occasionally add water to it. Add saffron, soaked in 1 tablespoon of water. Make sure that the batter doesn’t get too thin and no lumps are formed. Now heat ghee in a pan over medium flame, hold a perforated spoon a little above the hot ghee and pour some gram flour batter on the spoon. Allow small droplets to fall in the ghee by tapping the edge of the spoon lightly.Stir and deep fry the boondis in the ghee gently and fry till crisp but not brown. Take out the boondi on a clean kitchen towel or paper towel to drain off the excess oil. Now put the boondi in the sugar syrup and keep it for 5 minutes before taking out from the syrup.Chop the almonds using a knife and make a smooth powder of cardamom by grinding. Keep them aside in separate bowls. Take a wide plate and spread the boondis on it, garnish it by adding cardamom powder and chopped almonds and mix gently. (optional)
Allow to cool completely and loosen the boondi with finger till each droplet separates. Boondi can be eaten fresh, or can be stored in an airtight container to serve later.
Heat a non stick pan on medium heat. Add the coconut, sugar, fresh cream and green cardamom powder and cook, stirring continuously, for fifteen minutes or till the mixtures turns a golden brown.
Remove from the heat and add the powdered sugar and mix. Grease a thali with ghee and pour in the coconut mixture and spread evenly.
When it cools cut into diamonds or squares and serve. You can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week
Uppu Mani Kozhukattai
- Heat water in a vessel& add salt & oil. Allow the water to boil. When the water begins to boil, add the rice flour & mix it continuously until it forms a lump free dough. Cover & cook it in slow flame for 5 mins. Once done allow the Mani Kozhukattai dough to cool down slightly.
- When the Kozhukattai dough is warm, knead it with your hands & add a teaspoon of gingerly oil if required and make a smooth dough.
- Grease your hands with oil & start shaping the Kozhukattai dough into small balls. Once done, steam the maniKozhukattai in a greased idli plate for 10-12 mins on high heat.
- After 10 minutes of steaming the uppu mani Kozhukattai , it should have a glossy outer. Allow the kozhukattai to cool down completely.
- Once done, just before you are ready to serve, heat oil in a kadai add the mustard seeds, urad dal and red chilies. Allow it to roast and crackle and the dal turn lightly brown. Add the asafoetida, the curry leaves and the steamed uppumani Kozhukattai. Stir fry for a few minutes and turn off the heat. Serve warm.
- Combine the Wheat flour and small quantity of Maida (All-purpose flour) , salt and turmeric powder. Add water and start kneading the dough.
- The dough should be soft not too tight.
- Now add 3-4 tbl spoon of oil on the top and cover the dough..
METHOD TO MAKE POORNAM (Sweet cream):
- Dry roast the channa dal for 5 minutes. Take care not to get it burnt.
- Soak it in water for couple of hours.
- Pressure cook till 2-3 whistles. Completely drain the water.
- Let this cool. Once cool, grind this in mixer along with coconut and cardamom powder.
- Grind this smoothly. Add jaggery in the last and pulse once or twice.
- Poornam is done. If you feel the mixture is bit watery, don’t worry. Add ghee in a pan and saute for 5 minutes in a low flame. The poornam will come to the right consistency.
- When it is cool, divide it into equal parts.
Method to make polis
- Divide the dough into equal parts. and roll it as a puri size and keep a ball of puranam and cover it and roll it with a rolling pin as we do rotis
Heat a tawa and keep it in a very low flame.
- Cook on both sides and smear a tsp of ghee and repeat the same for rest of the dough and poornam.
- Combine the jaggery (brown Sugar) and water in a pan. The amount of water should be just enough to soak the jaggery.
- Let the jaggery dissolves completely. Turn off the flame.
- Add the rice flour, coconut, cardamom powder and one teaspoon of ghee to the jaggery syrup.
- Mix well to make soft dough.
- Add little more water or rice flour if needed.
- Divide the dough into lemon sized balls and flatten them.
- Arrange the shaped kudumulu on the greased idli plates or steamer and steam cook them over a high flame for about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and serve.
We hope this is being useful to you and Wish you and your family for a very happy Ganesh Chaturthi !!