- This event has passed.
Amavasya (New Moon Day) – Pithru Tharpanam
New Moon Day (Ammavasya) is the day many do Pithru Tharpanam for their ancestors and fast for them.. Many people who could be regular meat eaters skip that and do fasting and eat vegetarian food only on this day, honoring & remembering their ancestors. Don’t forget to do your family practice on this special day. Jai Sri Ram.
अमावस्या तर्पण आसान से देखके करके… पितृ दोष दूर करने और पितृवों से आशीर्वाद प्राप्त करने के लिए… देखके अपने आप करनेकेलिए पूरी व्याख्या के साथ… बिलकुल आसान वीडियो !!
कोई सवाल पूछनेकेलिए या इस अवसर पर दान करने के लिए और हमारी “एक धार्मिक संदेश प्रतिदिन सेवा” उपलब्ध करनेकेलिए आप अपने नाम, स्थान के साथ +1 647 964 4790 पर व्हाट्सएप में संदेश भेजकर आप अपने मोबाइल फोन में धर्मिक संदेश को पुनः प्राप्त कर सकते हैं | या इस https://t.me/BharatMargHindi लिंक को क्लिक करके हमारे टेलीग्राम (Telegram App) से जुड़कर धार्मिक संदेश पढ़ सकते हैं भी 🙏🙏 हरे कृष्णा
According to the first method, one has to pay many spiritual debts every day. One such debt is what we have to pay to our ancestors. Pithru Tharpanam is done on the day of Amavasya is one such way to pay this debt. This worshipping procedure does not take much time and can be done within ten minutes or so.
Going by the names, Pithru Tharpanam means to satisfy one’s ancestors. In this part of Tharpanam, we offer Tharpanam to 12 of our recently departed ancestors. These may be your parents, grandparents and so on. People in your parental lines are the only ones who are included in this Tharpanam. So, uncles, aunts or cousins are excluded from Pithru Tharpanam worship. They are however included when we perform karunya Tharpanam.
The second part of Tharpanam is known as Karunya Tharpanam. In this procedure we include departed relatives, friends, pets, creatures, animals and other departed beings.
Things needed for Amavasya Tharpanam
- A mat to sit that is made of darbha (grass) . A wooden plank or clean cloth made of natural fibers.
- A clean plate made of wood, copper, brass or silver. Glass and steel should not be used.
- Clean water in a glass made of wood, copper, brass or silver. You may also keep some water in an extra bowl.
- Sesame seeds. Use black sesame seeds if you are a male and white sesame seeds if you are a female.
- Darbha grass.
- Pavitram made of darbha grass to be worn in the ring finger of the right hand.
Procedure to offer Amavasya Pithru Tharpanam
- Light at least two oil or ghee lamps.
- Sit on a mat facing east.
- Pray to lord Ganesha followed by lord Sun. Lord Sun is considered to be the lord of ancestral beings.
- Place the plate in front of you and arrange the Tharpanam grid. The first three block of the grid should be offered to paternal male ancestors. The next three should be offered to paternal female ancestors. Blocks seven to nine should be offered to maternal male ancestors. The last three blocks should be offered to maternal female ancestors.
- Place strips of darbha grass in each block of the grid.
- From the bottom of your heart, request pithru ancestral beings to be present in the Tharpanam grid and accept your humble offerings.
- You need to fast and have meal only after the Tharpanam is done in the day time and night need to eat fruits or light meal with out onion and garlic.
Benefits of doing Amavasya Tharpanam
Ancestor Fortnight is a good time to assimilate the important lesson that one’s wealth, position, comforts, spouse, children, happiness, etc. are not just because of one’s “poorvapunya” but also because of the “poorvapunya” resulting from the good deeds of one’s pithru ancestors.
Ancestor fortnight is a time period when two ways of worship happen:
(i) the exalted pithru (ancestral beings) come to earth to worship at the pitru mukti ancestor salvation sacred spaces
(ii) Humans do Tharpanam and other worship procedures for the exalted pithru (ancestral beings).
The Ancestor Fortnight is one of the special times of the year when one’s karmic burden can be reduced significantly through the above mentioned worship procedure. So, if you want this benefit, you have to do worship yourself. and others cannot do it for you.
No Moon Day (Ammavasya) is the day many do Pithru Tharpanam for their ancestors and fast for them.. Many people who could be regular meat eaters skip that and do fasting and eat vegetarian food only on this day, honouring & remembering their ancestors. Don’t forget to do your family practise on this special day. Jai Sri Ram.
PN:- The Date and Time of the event is given as per the Bharathiar Panchang. Contact your local temple / prohit for exact timing in your place as some times, the time of the celebration may change depending upon which part of the world you live in.