Yogitha Guptha Krishna Gopika Award winner of Janmashtami Prasad making contest shares the steps to make Coconut Burfi easily for Prasd for any pooja here.
Coconut Barfi / Nariyal Barfi
1 dry coconut
3-4 cups of sugar
1-2 cups of water
2 tablespoon Ghee
1. Cut the coconut into small pieces and grate them in mixed grinder.
2. Take out the grated coconut powder in a tray.
3. Now heat a non-stick pan and add water and sugar in the pan and boil it on high/medium flame.
4. Sugar syrup or chasni will start getting thicker as it boils down.
To check the consistency of sugar syrup, just take a drop of the syrup between your thumb and index finger, if you see a double string forming then the syrup is ready otherwise boil it till the condition is met.
5. Add the grated coconut powder into the sugar syrup. With the help of a spatula. Mix well the syrup and coconut powder.
6. Cook it, till it, starts to leave the pan and has come together.
7. Lightly grease a tray with ghee.
8. Turn off the flame and transfer the coconut mixture to the greased tray and spread it evenly. Make the top smooth.
9. Cut into desired size and once the mixture cools down, coconut barfi is ready to be served.